I am pleased with how these flowers are coming out. It has been a matter of learning how watercolor reacts at what point in the drying cycle.
On this one, I tried a new color, Opera pink. It is amazing to use. I have struggled to get a good pink in water-color. Opera did the trick. I am pleased with how the water is in the ocean study is coming. Of course I spent my Saturday on Brenton Beach in New Port Rhode Island taking pictures of the waves, the splash and the swirls on the water. While I like the rocks in this piece, I think that I need to spend some time working on creating rock shapes and patterns.
I also attended a Meet Up for Plein Air. I will have to follow-up with more on that in another post.